Your donation will go toward:|
Library and Cultural Arts Center
The Columbus Library Foundation, established in 1971, was established to solicit and receive gifts to enhance projects and activities outside of the normal operating budget of the library. The Library Foundation is assisting the Library Board and the City of Columbus in raising private funds to build a new Library and Cultural Arts Center. Over the years the Foundation has funded over $550,000 worth of improvements to the library.
The Columbus Public Library is an integral part of the community, serving a wide and varied group of citizens with a diverse range of information and services. Last year 168,097 items were checked out; 19,116 eBooks were downloaded; our databases were used 65,490 times; and we provided 486 programs with a total attendance of 23,463. In addition to many other services, citizens used our meeting rooms, WiFi, computers, printers, copiers, and were assisted with a myriad of reference and technical issues.
The Columbus Library Foundation is seeking funds for the construction of a new library in order to better serve the community. So far over $3,000,000 has been raised through private donations. This new building will enhance the current programs and provide updated technologies that the current building cannot. With the new building the people of Columbus will enjoy:
- More square footage devoted to books, movies, activities and more;
- Improved and expanded areas for public computers along with new technologies;
- Learning, community meeting, and activity spaces;
- Social interaction and reception areas;
- A larger children's room with dedicated program space and child-friendly facilities;
- A building that will last for the next 100+ years