This Year's Project: Unrestricted Community Endowment
The Columbus Area Future Fund (formerly the Columbus Area Community Foundation Fund) is an affiliated fund of the Nebraska Community Foundation and strives to build a community endowment to promote local leadership development, entrepreneurship, youth engagement and community philanthropy. Your gift will be used to advance those efforts and ensure dollars are available locally for use in determining our region’s future.
Current Project: Unrestricted Community Endowment
Help support the future of the community by giving to the Columbus Area Future Fund during the Columbus Big Give!
Since the creation of the Columbus Area Future Fund in 2008, gifts to the Unrestricted Endowment have provided financial support to our community’s youth, community planning activities, education and training for entrepreneurs, and worthwhile community development efforts, including the Columbus Big Give!
We hope you will help create a “margin of excellence” for our hometown for years to come by giving to the Unrestricted Endowment. Your gift will be endowed and provide perpetual grantmaking opportunities for emerging needs and opportunities in the Columbus area.
A few examples of projects funded: Annual Estate Planning Workshop, Columbus Youth Philanthropy Contest, Columbus Quality of Life Projects, Annual National Day of Prayer, Columbus Big Give Website Grant, Leadership Columbus, Inclusive Playground, Youth Leadership Columbus, Columbus Ice, Higgins Memorial clean-up project, local Boys Town Parenting class, ToP Facilitator Training and Film School for non-profits, CPS Stem on the Go, Lakeview Get Growing, and Scotus STEAM program to just name a few.
What We Fund
We encourage grant requests for projects or programs that are consistent with our vision, mission and values and:
- Will have a broad impact on the quality of life for a significant number of people
- Propose ways to address community issues and problems
- Leverage other sources of support
- Encourage others to get involved in addressing community needs
- Are creative in their approach to solving problems or capturing opportunities
- Are responsive to changing or emerging community needs
- Help develop community leadership
- Engage young people in the community
- Support innovative approaches to economic development
- Are sustainable over time