This Year's Project: Purchase new table stools for students to use in the Art Classroom
For the past 136 years, Scotus Central Catholic High School has proudly served the 7-12 grades of Catholic education in the Columbus, Nebraska area. Financial support needed to maintain the school is provided by: the three Catholic parishes (30%), school endowment and fund raising (38%) and parent tuition (32%). Current enrollment is 350. The school has approximately 4,000 active alumni and alumnae, including those in religious vocations,professionals in many fields and notably a former U.S. Senator and Secretary of Defense. Scotus offers a disciplined, safe and supportive environment. A uniform and grooming code is enforced. Scotus students contribute more than 7,000 hours of community service each year through the schools "Living the Faith" program. Emphasis is placed on each student striving for excellence in all they do while attending Scotus Central Catholic and in being motivated to apply this desire to their post-secondary experience. Mission Statement: Scotus Central Catholic High School assures all students the opportunity to receive a faith-based, Catholic education through academic excellence and diverse extracurricular activities. Our charisms for the 2018-19 year: Prayer and Evangelization.
- 23.7 ACT Composite (2018 Class)
- 3 named to 2018 OWH Academic All-State team
- 35 NSAA Academic All-State selection in 2017-18
- 47 state championships in school history
- 95% of students involved in at least 1 activity
- 1st place finish in Class B State Journalism (2017), 5 state champions, 20 state medalists
- 18 Superior Ratings in Music (2018)
- 7,000 annual student service hours
- 1:1 student to computer ratio
- Cheerleaders selected as 2018 Runner-up State Champions
- More than $2.3 million in capital improvements to facilities since 2007
Current Project: Purchase new table stools for students to use in the Art Classroom
Scotus Central Catholic's project goal is to purchase 24 new stools for use by our students in the art classroom. Each stool has a cost of $27.00 and with shipping we hope to raise at least $800.00 to fund this improvement for our students' education.